Visolve is the software that transforms colors of the computer display into the discriminable colors for various people including people with color vision deficiency, commonly called color blindness. In addition to distinguishing colors and finding a specific color, it aims to help people with color blindness:
- to guess a normal color, and
- to feel the color gradations in natural scenery etc. by their visual information.
Visolve can execute the following three types of color transformation, filtering, and hatching:
1. Red-Green transform, transforms redder colors to brighter, and greener colors to darker,
2. Blue-Yellow transform, transforms bluer colors to brighter, and yellower colors to darker,
3. Saturation increase, increases the saturation of all colors,
4. Filtering, darkens all colors other than the specified color, and
5. Hatching, draws different hatch patterns depending on color.
When people with color blindness apply, for example, Red-Green transform, if they keep the above transformation rule in mind and see color changes, they could guess a normal color. Moreover, Red-Green transform reflects the degree of color saturation into its brightness regularly. So they could know not only the difference between red and green but also the difference between two reds, i.e., the degrees of red.
We hope that color vision universal design will be incorporated into every digital device with a screen.
(Recogido de la página web)